Monday, February 16, 2015

DATE Casa Latina Workshop Klarissa

I wasn't able to be at the first workshop, so I was excited to be a part of the second one, last night. Since it was the end of the quarter, I was rushing to get my final projects done and did not prepare too much before last night. So at least I didn't have too much time to think about being nervous. Thankfully Xochitl and Jen had some wonderful plans set up for the children, and I was helping them out. I did feel nervous for a minute once we got to Casa Latina, especially before Xochitl and Jen arrived, as it's been a while since I've watched children that can walk or talk! There was not too many kids, and as Jen mentioned, a few of them were much more interested in crafts and free-play. Structured time is good, but so is the chance to be creative, so thanks to Jen and Xochitl for being adaptable to the children's needs. I can tell they're going to be great children's librarians :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment