Monday, February 23, 2015

2/18/15 Federal Way Branch Library Workshop Brad

Federal Way Branch Library
February 18th, 2015

This was my first time going with the group to help out at Federal Way Library. It made me sad that I had to miss the past two weeks due to class conflicts, but thankfully school winded down. I had no idea Federal Way was so far away from UW (I'm not familiar with the surrounding Seattle area just yet), but it gave the team plenty of time to talk, laugh and get to know each other during the car ride.

This workshop had a dis-proportionally large amount of children compared to adults, which was  a first for me. Fortunately I enjoy working with the children, so I appreciated this opportunity to just play educational games and laugh with the boys for a few hours.

We started playing iPad games with some of the boys, and they enjoyed the interactive word game we brought. I was impressed when they said they wanted to play on the setting with the most difficult words! I believe challenges like this are the best way to learn new things, even if they can be frustrating at times. Some of the words were difficult for even me!

I have to say this was by far my most enjoyable workshop to participate in. Playing with "Where's Waldo?" books and sitting in on (Spanish!) story time made me feel like a kid again, and the children's laughter was contagious the whole time. Here's to a productive last workshop with Federal Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment