Monday, February 16, 2015

DATE Reflection TIffany

As I prepared for our second class I was hesitant to make an entry to the “Professional Journal” knowing I had not been able to physically volunteer or interact with group members.  Bray’s article on collaborative inquiry helped me evaluate my role as a project participant.  Viewing collaborative inquiry as a “cycle of reflection and action based on lived experience” became important when I understood Mezirow’s observation of reflection as “cognitive action”.  The background reading, research foundation, grant outline, classroom introduction and volunteer preparation have made the beginning of the class a good laboratory for the implementation of cognitive action that will inform further discussion, reflection and action within our groups.  I can honestly say that I enjoy the cognitive action piece of preparing for a project; and reflecting on experiences during project implementation will be more productive because of our preparation.
In simpler terms, because I live in a small town East of the mountains, I can’t really participate with the group.  But I learned that thinking about our studies and communicating with the group about plans and activities means that I can participate as I find connections and meaning through our readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment