Saturday, April 25, 2015

Where I'm From | Mary Tong

I am from the bowling pins,
From AMF Imperial Lanes and Roxbury Lanes.
I am from the incense sticks,
            Distinct smell that relaxes my mind
            It felt like I am in nirvana
I am from the ground,
            A tree
            One that will support you and hold you down
I am from the Lunar New Year and happiness,
            From my mom and my dad
            To my siblings, nieces, nephews & in-laws
I’m from the “Lets go get bubble tea” and
            “Don’t wear shoes in the house”
From “Your name was supposed to be Happy” and
            “Life is simple, but we tend to make it complicated”
I’m from the Noble Eightfold Path,
            The goal here is to end suffering
I’m from Vietnam,
            Pho and Bun Bo Hue
From the great great great great grandfather who was killed,
            For being a pastor in Vietnam, late 1770’s
I am from happiness,
From those who makes me happy,
And from my love ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment