Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Implicit Basis Test Reflection

I took Harvard's Implicit Basis Test for Skin Tone, Gender: Career, and Gender: Science.

My results:

Skin Tone - Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Dark Skin compared to Light Skin.
Gender: Career - Your data suggest little or no association between Female and Male with Career and Family.
Gender: Science - Your data suggest little or no association between Male and Female with Science and Liberal Arts.

I took the tests in the order displayed above. I'm not sure the test shows anything. It reminded me of a test I took before (kind of like a brain teaser) where it shows you word (a color) and then display a different color than the word itself. You have to choose the actual color rather than the word. Like if it shows "Green," but the word is colored red. You would need to choose the "red" over "green." You are supposed to do it as fast as you can. 

The point is - the brain teaser is not a question of whether or not you prefer one color over another and is not a question of whether you prefer text over color. It is just something that is difficult to do because you are forcing your brain to think in a different way.

Also, the more I preformed the same function the faster I became.

No comments:

Post a Comment