Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Where I'm from: Brad Holland

Brad Holland – Where I’m from

I am from soccer cleats,
                From Nalgene and UnderArmour
I am from the Trampoline in the back yard
                Bouncy, warm from the sun
It felt like we were flying
I am from the grass,
                The Oak tree
                A big friendly giant that is always there for you

I’m from the Christmas morning cinnamon rolls and vacations,
                From Laura and Dean
                And Devin
I’m from hard workers and generous friends

From “finish your milk!” and
“Clean up your Legos!”
I’m from the cross and
                Sunday morning mass
I’m from Naperville, Illinois,
                From deep dish pizza and Culver’s custard
From the dad who can turn water into wine
                The brother who can never eat without spilling
I am from a strong family of friends,
always willing to lend a hand,
 but often times not needing to






No comments:

Post a Comment