Thursday, May 7, 2015

Implicit Bias Test Reflection Kaylah

Implicit bias test Reflection
5/7/15

I took Harvard's Implicit Basis Test for Skin Tone, Gender: Career, and Gender: Science.

My results:
“Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Dark Skin and Light Skin.”
“Your data suggest little or no association between Female and Male with Career and Family.”
“Your data suggest a moderate association of Male with Science and Female with Liberal Arts compared to Female with Science and Male with Liberal Arts.”


I took these 3 tests in this order from the Harvard project implicit website. I thought these were somewhat interesting. I wasn’t uncomfortable sharing my results. I’m not sure if the sections where you press certain keys to match pictures and words are accurate ways to gauge my biases, but maybe there are subconscious signs. I do know on the last tests I was beginning to care less about the accuracy because I am tired and I wanted it to be over. A lot of the testing just forced me to be concentrated and hand eye coordinated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment