Thursday, May 7, 2015

4/29/15 Workshop Douglass-Truth Library Kaylah

Location: Douglass-Truth Library
Time: 5-7
Date: 4/29/15

     Today had a special dedication to Mother’s day, as it is approaching. As a group we all started off with playing a big game of “Loteria,” or “Bingo.” I thought this was a nice activity because normally the adults are separated from the kids, but today we did an activity as a cohesive group.  I don’t speak fluent Spanish, but this activity was especially cool because everyone knew how to play bingo regardless of the language, and I even began to remember Spanish I had learned in high school.
     We played several rounds and everyone was able to get a prize. It was a good activity for people to get engaged in. After, we split into our groups. Mother’s day cards had been a craft we had been talking about all month, and today was the day we finally got to do it. The kids had fun drawing pictures for their moms and writing sweet messages inside like “te quiero mucho.”
     It doesn’t matter if you’re artistic or not, mothers are always going to appreciate hand made cards.  I thought I was going to buy my mom a card, but now we all have something to give our moms that we made. I think making a card vs. buying a card is the better way to go.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment