Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Letter to my Feet

Dear Feet,
I do not tell you enough how much I appreciate you. You are my main mode of transportation, getting me from one place to another everyday.
I know I don't take very good care of you. I subject you to hard, flat and or tight shoes, or run barefoot down gravel paths and you've always stuck with me. I've strapped you to a board and you've carried me down mountains, and I've squeezed you into tight climbing shoes and you've balanced me on the tiniest projections as I climb up fake mountains. You've balanced me in tree pose, half moon pose and warrior III. You've marched with me for social change.
You do so much for me. I don't want to say that I can't live without you- that would erase the experiences of those who don't have feet and live just fine. I will say that without you, my world would be different; our built environment is definitely built for the able-bodied.
I wish I could say that I promise to take better care of you in full honesty, but I will try. Especially you, lefty- I know the tattoo hurt, and you deserve for it to stay beautiful.
Thank you for all you do, I appreciate you.
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment